Must See and Do
Just a few of the MUST SEE within easy driving (or walking) distance are listed below:
- Rockpools at Sahorre (3km) - Fantastic place for just relaxing and taking a dip in the cool, clear mountain water !
- Villefranche de Conflent, a fine example of a medieval walled town and recently nominated as a UNESCO world heritage site. (4km).
- Little Yellow Train, catch this train from Villefranche-de-Conflent and enjoy the specatular mountain views right into the Pyrenees. (4 km).
- Grottes de Canalettes, magnificent renowned caves with an incredible light and sound show (4 km).
- St Martin du Canigou, 9th century abbey perched impressively high on the hillside with fantastic scenery and walks. (6 km).
- Casteil animal park (9 Km) - great for children.
- St Michel de Cuxa, 6th century abbey that hosts concerts during the Pablo Casals festival but is also open for viewing most of the year. In May the beauriful Iris garden is well worth a visit. (10 km)
- St Thomas les Bains, outstanding natural thermal hot springs in wonderful outdoor mountain setting. (15 km)